Prayer success formulae
James 5:16 - Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
There are times we may have really prayed and still did not get any response for our prayer.
For God to answer our prayers we need to be in communication with God. Sins disturb our communication. Therefore James, with deep understanding gives us the assured steps towards getting our prayers answered:-
1) Repentance - feeling sorry for sinning
2) Getting our sins forgiven - confessing our sins to the persons we have sinned against
3) Praying for one another - if we do not have mercy on others by praying for them, then we too will not be shown mercy. Job got his healing when he prayed for his friends.
4) Righteous living - to be assured un-interrupted communication with God we need to be in the same wavelength. That wavelength is righteousness. Only when we live a righteous life we can get through to God.
5) Fervent prayer - does not mean praying more often or repeating your prayer again and again. The word used here refers to putting to action. Faith without works is no faith. If we pray we need to first believe that our prayers are answered. Therefore people who exercise their faith regularly have a better success rate in their prayer life.
[ Prayer Starter ]
Father God, You are the one and only living God. All things are possible through You. Help me Lord to be in constant communication with You, so that I may receive answers to my prayers. Help me apply your instructions into my life. I ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen.
|The Word of God was given free to us, therefore we should also share it freely with others.
(All rights are with God)