Jeremiah 33:3 - Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
I was born and bought up in a religious family and in a church which taught that, thinking anything beyond what is known is evil and it is not of God to pursue understanding anything more than what is already understood. Therefore the Bible was more like a history book and the words had not life in them for me. This understanding itself is opposite to what the Bible says; for it says in many places that the real truth will be revealed in the latter days. The Spirit of the Lord - the Spirit of Truth will be poured out more and more in the last days and man will get more and more understanding of the Word of God (the Book of Instructions). It is this understanding which will change man and bring about the nature of Jesus Christ in us. Keeping us from deeper understanding of the Bible was and is the game pan of the evil one and is implemented by those who are weak in spirit and thus are used by him.
Let me tell you, what we have understood till date of the Bible is not even a quarter of the understanding that will be revealed in the days to come. These revelations are like precious gifts of joy that the Lord gives to those who love and thirst him. Do not let yourself be put down by anybody if you desire to study deeper but understand some basic guide lines:
1) No scripture in the Bible is contradictory to another, if you find any scripture that goes opposite to your understanding immediately drop that thought.
2) Be patient when you start and try to take guidance from others who have more mature in the Word of God and specially gifted with wisdom from the Lord (do not fall for people who operate only by gifts and have no understanding of scriptures).
3) All scriptures are good and for the betterment of mankind, their sole purpose is to bring man to God.
4) Do not just read a scripture and conclude, refer to those before and after to find the context of the scripture. In case of doubt, all scriptures will have another supporting scripture in the Bible.
5) Use study books that help understand the scriptures like Concordances, Bible Dictionaries, Lexicons (Hebrew & Greek - there are very few scriptures which are in Aramaic, and these are included in the Lexicons), Cross reference books, Interlinears and books written by good Bible teachers.
6) Ultimately there is no one who can teach you the Bible better than the One who is the designer and inspirer of it - the Holy Spirit. Keep good relation with Him by prayer and following instructions given by Him and He will surely teach you.
The Bible is bigger than and more precious that the greatest treasure mine on Earth.
[ Prayer Starter ]
Lord, your Word is life to me. You give revelation of your Word to those who thirst for it and those who treasure it. Lord, help me build a thirst for your Word more than I value my life. I make this prayer in Jesus' Name, Amen.
[ Reference Scriptures ]
1 Corinthians 13:9-12
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
|The Word of God was given free to us, therefore we should also share it freely with others.
(All rights are with God)